Terms & Conditions
Table of contents:
Your use of http://www.bikeskills.nl (the “Site”) constitutes acceptance by you of all the Terms and Conditions of Use specified on this page. This Site is owned and operated by Ride Projects and the information and materials appearing on the Site (“the Content”) are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this Site and all Content included on this Site including, without limitation, site design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof but excluding any User Generated Content (see below) is the property of Ride Projects or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any books published by Ride Projects should be addressed to us by email (see contact information below). The name “Bike Skills” is a registered trademark of Ride Projects.
By using this Site, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the Site does not violate any applicable law. We reserve the right to terminate the accounts and remove the profiles of any users that we believe have breached these Terms and Conditions.
The Site may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. These links should not be interpreted as an endorsement by Ride Projects of the sites linked or referred to, nor does Ride Projects have any control over the content of any such sites. Ride Projects will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on the Site is as up-to-date as possible. Some details, however, such as telephone numbers and website addresses are liable to change. Ride Projects does not accept any responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of this information, nor for any material on third party websites and cannot guarantee that any third party websites listed will be a suitable source of information. In addition, we have made every effort to ensure that any content sent to and displayed on the website from users, members and other third parties is appropriate to this website, however we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, or that it is a suitable source of travel information. However, we value your comments, views and suggestions very highly so feel free to contact us by email (see contact information below). The Site is provided by Ride Projects in good faith but Ride Projects does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the Site or the Content or any websites to which the Site is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law. There is no guarantee that the Site will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. To the extent permitted by law, Ride Projects hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
Please read through the following Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase (“Terms”) carefully. They comprise the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items from Ride Projects (“us”, also referred to here as “we”) on this website (the “Website”). If you submit an order for any item advertised for sale on this Website, this shall be taken to constitute acceptance by you of these Terms:
1. If you wish to purchase any of the items for sale on this Website, you must submit a completed order form. Your order will not be accepted unless you place us in a position of being able to receive full payment for your order at the time we accept it. If we agree to accept your order, we will confirm this by email (the “Confirmation”) and will supply the items you have ordered (the “Product”) to you in accordance with the Confirmation and with these Terms.
2. The sale and purchase of Products via this Website will be governed by a contract between you and us formed when you have placed an order, your order has been accepted by us and we have sent you Confirmation of this (the “Contract”). Please note that, as soon as you complete your payment, your order will be sent to our processing server and we will be unable to prevent your items being dispatched to you.
3.The terms of the Contract will comprise these Terms, as amended or updated by us from time to time, and the prices (subject to clause 10 hereof) and other relevant information about the Products published by us on this Website at the time the Contract is formed.
4. We reserve the right to change these Terms at our discretion. We agree to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such changes will be included as part of these Terms. Any changes will be posted to the Website and it is your responsibility to ensure, from time to time, that you are aware of any such changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the Website after that time.
5. You acknowledge and agree that, in entering into a Contract, you do not rely on and have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to the Contract or not) which is not expressly set out or referred to in the Contract. This is not intended to limit or exclude liability for fraud on our part.
6. You acknowledge that all information and specifications relating to the Products and any material produced by us are approximate only.
7. We may correct any error in any unconfirmed order, sales literature or other document or information issued by us or placed on this Website without any liability.
8. We may make any changes in the specification of the Products to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory or European Union requirements which do not materially affect their quality or performance.
9. When purchasing an ebook available for immediate download, you confirm by clicking on the ‘Proceed to payment’ button that you agree the ebook available for immediate download cannot be returned and you agree that your rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 to cancel the order within 14 days, (the “Cooling Off Period”) shall not apply. If you do not wish to waive your rights under these Regulations in respect of an ebook available for immediate download then we regret that we are unable to delay such download until the 14 day Cooling Off Period has expired and you should not proceed with the purchase.
10. (a) The price of each Product shall be the recommended retail price for that Product that is quoted on this Website on the date you place your order, subject to any inadvertent pricing errors (whether technical or otherwise) by us, unless a special promotional price or other discounts are stated on the Website in respect of a Product.
10. (b) Where a variety of discounts apply (though promotional offers and/or personal discounts available to you) only one discount can be used against each Product. The Website will automatically apply the most advantageous discount to you, provided you enter all discounts to which you are entitled on the order form.
11. The method of delivery applicable will be those quoted on this Website on the date of the order. The delivery address for an eBook will be the installed reader on your computer and there will be no charge for postage, packaging or delivery.
12. The stated price of the Products is inclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax, in accordance to Dutch Tax Law.
13. We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this Website without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse to supply to you, whether you are an individual or company, for whatever reason.
14. Credit card and debit card payments will be processed on the date on which we dispatch your order. Payment by bank transfer will be processed within 48 hours of the date on which we receive your payment. The payment method “Payment by bank transfer” is not available for ebooks.
15. The credit cards and debit cards that we will accept are those listed on this Website on the date on which we accept your order.
17. After placing your order and completing the chosen payment method, an ebook epub-file will be available for download directly, with a maximum of 3 downloads in a period of 30 days (whichever expires first). The place of delivery will be the installed reader on your computer or device. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence. Physical products, for as far as they are available in your country, will be shipped by mail after placing your order and completing the chosen payment method.
18. From time to time, we may make certain Products available to be pre-ordered for a set period before their launch date. As with any other order, payment for pre-ordered Products shall be processed on the date of dispatch. The price charged for pre-ordered Products shall be the price of the relevant Products as stated on this site on the date of dispatch. In the unlikely event that the price of the relevant Product is greater on the date of dispatch than its price on the date that the pre-order was placed, you may request a refund of the difference between these prices by contacting our customer services as set out here.
19. Risk of damage or loss of the Products shall pass to you upon delivery or, if you fail to take delivery of the Products, at the time when we have tried to deliver the Products.
20. Title in any eBooks shall remain with Ride Projects at all times.
21. All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, brand names, product names, copyright and trade marks) and all technical, business or similar information (including, but not limited to, all designs, documents and other materials relating to the Products) used in the Products (together “the Intellectual Property”) are and shall remain the property of us or of our licensors.
22. Other than as stated in Clauses 23 and 24 below, we do not grant permission for the use of the Intellectual Property and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
23. All Website design, text and graphics appearing on this Website and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of us or of our licensors. Permission is granted to print once in hard copy portions of this Website for the sole purpose of placing an order with or using this Website as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication in any form or media) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
24. In the case of eBooks, permission is granted to download your eBook to any installed readers on your devices for your personal use at any time, provided that:
(a) the eBook and its associated download link is not distributed or transmitted over any network or communication link
(b) the eBook is used for personal entertainment only;
(c) the eBook is not copied or modified in any way;
(d) you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the eBook.
This permission granted to you may not be transferred to a third party, nor may you sublicense any of your rights under it.
This permission is effective until terminated. You can terminate it at any time by destroying the eBook. It will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any part of this Clause 24. You agree to delete the eBook immediately on any such termination.
25. For the protection of our products we use a so called ‘social DRM’ system. Ebooks purchased on this website will be visible and invisible watermarks, mentioning some personal information you provided during the ordering process.
26. We are the owner of the Ride Projects and Bike Skills trademarks. Any other trademark materials, including, but not limited to, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
27. We shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the Products arising from your neglect, failure to follow our instructions, misuse or improper alteration or repair of the Products.
28. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability arising by virtue of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that we cannot so exclude or limit such liability as a matter of law.
29. Where the Products are sold under a “consumer transaction” (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976), your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms.
30. Save as expressly provided in these Terms, and except where the Products are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), the Products are provided on an “as is” basis and all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law and we will not be liable to you for any loss of any kind whatsoever which arises out of the breach of implied warranties or conditions or breach of any other duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law.
31. We will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of a Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law:
(a) any loss of anticipated profits or expected future business;
(b) damage to reputation or goodwill;
(c) any damages costs or expenses payable by you to any third party;
(d) loss of any order or contract; or
(e) any loss that was not foreseeable by you and Ride Projects at the time our Contract was formed; or
(f) any loss not caused by any breach on the part of Ride Projects.
32. Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms, we will not be in breach of the Contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, our obligations under it if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
33. We are providing the Website on an “as is” basis and we make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Website or its contents and disclaim all such representations and warranties.
34. We may withdraw from the market any Products that we produce or generally supply without prior notice, or liability, to you.
35. If we provide you with information about the use for which the Products are designed and about any conditions necessary to ensure that the Products will be safe, then you must use the Products accordingly.
36. Any notice required under these Terms must be in writing. In our case it must be addressed to our registered office or principal place of business or any other address that we notify to you from time to time whether on the Website or otherwise. Any notices to you will be sent to your usual billing address.
Any notice shall be deemed to be served:
(a) if sent by pre-paid first class post to the party to whom it is given, on the second working day after posting; or
(b) if sent by pre-paid air-mail post to the party to whom it is given, on the seventh working day after posting; or
(c) if sent by fax to the recipient’s fax number at the date and time given on the sender’s transmission acknowledgement slip or (in the case of manifest error or loss of the slip) on receipt.
37. If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
38. Each Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if there are any disputes between them of any kind.
39. Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party’s rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party’s right to take subsequent action.
40. Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.
Ride Projects reserves the right to add to or change these conditions of use and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the conditions. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site after that time.
This website contains sections where users can submit their own content or materials, for example comments on articles or blog posts, reviews of books or any other material created and submitted by users (together “User Generated Content”). Ride Projects does not vet and is not responsible for any User Generated Content posted in any part of the site. Any content, recommendation or other information comprised in any User Generated Content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Ride Projects does not warrant, in any respect, the accuracy or reliability of any such information. The views expressed in User Generated Content are those of the individuals and are not necessarily those of Ride Projects.
Ride Projects retains the right to delete, move, edit, update or otherwise alter content in any way, at our discretion and without notice.
By posting your comments, reviews or materials on this site, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, distribute and display such content in any format now known or later developed including, without limitation, on book jackets and in marketing material. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You may only post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas. In particular, you may not do any of the following:
post unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or otherwise objectionable content (this includes
text, graphics, video, programs or audio);
delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted;
falsify the origin or source of content that is posted;
post content in a language other than English;
post content that violates the legal rights of others, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties unless you have obtained all necessary licences and consents to use such content;
advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services;
contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
use vulgar or offensive user names;
post content that contains viruses or that may damage Ride Projects’ systems or another user’s computer;
reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address).
Ride Projects shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove, or suspend the whole or any part of any User Generated Content posted on this site without notice and without incurring any liability. If you find objectionable or offensive User Generated Content on this site please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us by email (see contact information below).
If there are any questions regarding these terms and conditions you may contact us using the information below.
The Bike Skills book, ebook and website are projects by:
P/a: Vestahof 13
info [at] bikeskills.nl